Friday, April 13, 2012

Cakes, Cakes, and more Cakes!

During my senior year of high school I took a Wilton Cake Decorating Class at Joann Fabrics. It was so much fun. So, I just thought that I would post some of the cakes I have done and a little description.

Here's a cake that I made during the course. We were practicing using flowers and fondant. Personally, I am not a fan of fondant, I'd rather just use buttercream! Nonetheless, people can make wonderful creations from fondant!


This is a cake that I made for my mom's birthday for her to take to work. It was very simple. I just used buttercream icing and did a "scribble" design and had some flowers left over that I put on the top.


This is another one that I made during my class, again, practicing with fondant. 


I made this cake for my cousin's 16th Birthday Party. He was involved in FFA, worked on a dairy farm, and showed steers and lambs at the county fair. I used the color flow icing to make the animals. 


I made this cake for a class reunion. Tried to tie the gold into the cake, so I used a pearl dust for the flowers. Much more experimentation is needed for the pearl dust.


This cake was for my Aunt and Uncle's anniversary. I was just starting with the cake thing, so these aren't great, but they always taste good!


These two cakes were for our local D.A.R.E. instructor. My mom worked with him but it was even more special for me to make it because he was my D.A.R.E. instructor in Elementary school.




Just a couple misc. cakes for a retirement and birthday. So easy to do with the flowers. Gives it a simple, yet classic look. 



Made this cake for my cousin who graduated from Hocking College. He loved it!


This was supposed to be a scrapbooking cake. Turned out okay, not the greatest. 


For the little girl that I babysit! I had so much fun with this. Even froze the cake because I was leaving for Florida. Turned out great! You can't see them, but there are some bananas along the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment