Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sparkle Boots

I absolutely love cowgirl boots!! And, I have a new found love for Sparkle! So I thought, how easy would it be for me to make a pair that sparkled! I didn't wanna pay a lot for a pair of boots, not knowing how they would turn out! So, I found this pair at target for only $35. I must say, these are very comfortable! They obviously aren't made out of leather like real boots, so they don't need to be broke in as much.

So the first time I made these, I used glitter mixed in with modge podge. Well, It was too thick and I ended up peeling it all off and starting over. So I sprayed the boots with a spray adhesive and then added the glitter. After letting it dry for awhile I tapped the boots to knock off any excess and then looked for spots that weren't covered and added more adhesive and glitter there. Then I sealed it with a gloss spray I found it the craft department. But beware, these stink! So, I left them outside for a day to get all the glue smell off! 

The first time I wore them, it was pouring down rain and then did great, so I was really happy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment